Sign in to follow this  
Jeff C.

High School Football Play offs

Any one out there got a local school or one of your kids

going to the High School football play offs?

here in Michigan, tonite is round 1 of the State Play offs.

Weather has warmed up nice and will be awsome for the games tonite..

Good Luck to all that have qualified. !!

unless your playing us of course..

:P;)

We could make the playoffs we have to win or last 2 district games but we should be able to. Last year we made it 3 rounds deep before we lost to a power house. Our playoffs don't start for another month.

We play in one of the most competitive conferences in the state. Our team is on the bubble right now with two games left. It's a 3 way tie for the last 2 spots right now. If everyone wins the rest of they're games, the berths will be given to the teams that have scored the most points this year in conference play. There is  going to be a lot of running up the score this week.

North Shore Mustangs have won 78(As of last night) regular season games in a row(Record). Ranked #2 in 5A. Have one state championship this decade and going for another. Should have had another, but it is just so hard to get out of the Houston area with all the stout teams.

If Jeff Davis High wins tonight against Westbury they will be 8-0. This is the team that lost 80 in a row(Record) back in the late 80s and early 90s. Got to pull for a team like that. Their coach played on their varsity team and went winless, then went to Prairie View College and went winless for four years there. Never won a game in high school or college. I'm pulling for him if nothing else.

If both keep winning they will meet down the road to advance out of the Houston area. Love Friday night football.

The school in the next county over is the number 1 4a school in the country. So, I guess they are in the playoffs.  (Byrnes High)

-sm

Well, we won our game tonight 55-6, and the other two teams LOST. We scored 49 in the first half.   The upsets were amazing tonight. We can lose next weeks game and still go to the playoffs, unless this other team beats the best team 4a team in the conference (and maybe the best in the state).

We're not in party mode yet, but it's getting close.

We had our 76 game winning streak broke 2 weeks ago.  What a run.

The tigers have taken state in D6 for the last 5 years and won earlier this week in round one of play-offs.  Play again this afternoon.

Side note:  I think it was in '04, we played an out of state team (Lacresent MN) on a bye week and lost.  Some consider this in our totals column, some don't. :-/

We get to travel to Stuttgart today for a first round playoff game.  Stuttgart beat the living hell out of us 2 years ago. (It was 40 or 50 - 0)

They're favored again, but I'm not counting us out yet.  The winner gets to face the best team in the state.

Remember it's not over until the fat lady....does whatever fat ladies do.  Tommorrow is do or die for us, then Thursday for all the marbles!

Lake Travis High School from the north side of Austin has their first playoff game tonight.  I think they're pretty heavily favored to win state this year.  Their quarterback, Garrett Gilbert, is the #2 ranked college recruit, is going to UT next year.

The school in the next county over is the number 1 4a school in the country. So, I guess they are in the playoffs. (Byrnes High)

-sm

Some of our best football players for my college team came from Byrnes. South Carolina right?

I am heading to a game in a few minutes, it is one of the local teams playing a semi final game.  The one I am going to tonight is one of the larger divisions.  Another local school is playing a semi final in a smaller division, and yet we have another smaller division school playing too in this county.  We have some pretty good high school football here.

Well, we were pummeled again, 42-14.  It was 28-14 mid 4th quarter, and we were driving, but a few mistakes blew us apart.

Good luck to everyone else.

P.S. - it's 1am, and I'm leaving to go hunting in 2 hours. *sigh*

Pulled one out tonite.  20 something seconds left, score was 20-20, we score a field goal and they return it back to about the 45 on the kickoff.  18 seconds left we intercept on a pass play.  Sixth consecutive trip to state, hoping to win 6 straight!  Best part is we get are all-time archrival Edgar on Thursday aft.  Game of the century in our little corner of the world.

I am listening to the State Final game on the radio right now for our high school.  It is being played at Boise State's stadium.  2nd half just started, down by 7.

Been alot of those games in this area from the different division schools.