Sign in to follow this  
Troutfisher

Troutfisher Scores A Doe - Pics

Hey guys!

Haven't been too active around the site as of late, but I plan on being around more this winter when things slow down outdoors.  I just got in from checking in my deer!  I was able to get a pretty good sized doe this morning after several days of hunting.  I was on the lower side of a flat, with a hill behind me, as well as several deer paths on it.  I had been in the woods about an hour when I heard some noise behind me. I turned around slowly and saw what appeared to be only one deer.  I spotted the deer in very thick brush, and knew it was going to be a hard shot.  I was able to sight in on just the body and fire.  It was the best I could do for the scenario.  I shot, and two deer went rolling down the side of the hill.  

I thought at first that I had shot two deer, but the deer on the right took off.  The deer I had shot tried to get up, but could not.  I had not hit directly in the vital area, but instead towards the hind legs.  I fired another shot in the vitals, and it fell permanently.  Not a buck, but it's meat in the freezer, nonetheless.

Here are some pictures!

tmpphpS6noK4.jpg

tmpphpzWjRc7.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, appreciate it!

-Aaron

"TF"

So... uh I see the deer laying next to you. Is that normal? Or did you not practice catch and release?

So... uh I see the deer laying next to you. Is that normal? Or did you not practice catch and release?

Could be worse. Some mornings after a full moon I wake up naked in a field with a dead, half eaten deer next to me.

Congrats dude!

Congrats, wish we could get more than one deer here.  I'd love to go out and get another one.

Thanks guys!

I would have practiced catch and release, but I tried to free the deer.  It didn't run off like I expected.  So, I kept it.    ;)

I would have practiced catch and release, but I tried to free the deer. It didn't run off like I expected. So, I kept it. ;)

;D That happens sometimes.

Good shooting, I can already taste the jerky.

Thanks guys!

I would have practiced catch and release, but I tried to free the deer. It didn't run off like I expected. So, I kept it. ;)

I just can't believe you laid it on the ground.... Do you know what that does to its fur??? Geeze.

::)