Sign in to follow this  
firefightn15

Police chief indicted In 8 yr olds uzi death

Wow!

Thanks for sharing.  :)

Still sad.  Glad to see there is going to be an attempt to hold someone accoutable.  I don't know how the father is going to skate though.  However, he's going to end up with more punishment than anyone watching his son die in front of him.

Did I miss something? The father of the boy is not being charged for allowing his 4'3" 66 pound son to fire the UZI that killed him.

he's going to end up with more punishment than anyone watching his son die in front of him.

That is like the Station nightclub fire defense, it works though... ::)

I don't know how I feel on this one.  If he allows his small child to shoot a gun he should have enough expetise to decipher what is safe and not.  On the other hand he was taking advice from so called experts.  Bad deal all the way around.

WOW!  Just don't know what to say about that.  Just a really sad tragedy for everyone involved.

It's not surprising in todays society.  The parent is in charge of their child and should be responsible for what happened.  I don't think the parent should be charged....anguish is punishment enough.  Sending someone else to prison would be ridiculous, but not surprising.   Lawyers are very talented at placing blame on anyone involved in any situation.   You could fart in Kentucky and be indicted in an asphyxiation death in Texas.  

However, Bennett said Christopher was with a 15-year-old who was familiar with guns not a certified instructor when he was shot. That boy will not be charged, Bennett said.

I find something extremely wrong here......I had to reread that article again.

Now i don't feel so bad about people getting sent to jail...this should have never been allowed.

I guess I feel the chief and his cohorts should be held accountable, and the father, regardless of his grief should be too.  No disrespect to 15 yr olds whatsoever, there's alot out there with an abundance of common sense and maturity, but this was like leaving a 15 yr old to supervise an 8 yr old with a table saw, or other dangerous acts that escape me right now.  At 8 or 15 you may think that you understand your capabilities, but all the adults in this unfortunate disaster should have known.  To me that's what makes all the adults, including dad culpable despite the fact that he was not familiar with firearms.  Would the father have said to the 15 and 8 yr old, "sure, go have a great time with the table saw"? :-/