Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

This is AWESOME! GAS WARS!

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Drivers lined up in Arkansas Friday afternoon as two gas stations on Stadium Boulevard jockied for position as the provider with the lowest gas prices.

Murphy Express began its grand opening in a big way, dropping prices to $1.16. But the Conoco station down the road wanted to claim the prestige of having the lowest prices, taking theirs a penny lower, to $1.15.

As of the 6pm News, Murphy Express has dropped their price to $1.13 for a gallon of regular gas.

No word on how low prices will go, but many thrifty drivers lined up to reap the cheap benefits of low gas prices.

Gas in Jonesboro has one of the widest margins of any town in Region 8, with some stations selling Friday for in the $1.60-s while others were over 40 cents cheaper.

I love it! Keep us posted on how low it goes. If someone told me this summer that gas would be under $2 dollars again I would have laughed in their face. It's hard to believe that we have seen such a dramatic decline in gas prices in several months. This is AWESOME!!

That's cool.

My family lives near there. I will have to

call and tell my mom.

JT Bagwell

I was happy when the price dropped another $0.10 down to $1.77.  Why wasn't it that cheap this summer when I was always filling up my boat? >:(