Sign in to follow this  
xxmurrxx

Good headphones?

My ipod earbuds have been messing up too long for me now.

Im looking into a quality pair of in ear headphones.

Does anyone know any worth looking at?

I tried the bose ones, great sound but not quite sold on them just yet.

If you don't mind spending the money I think the Bose in ears are hard to beat.

I used to go through in ear headphones like nothing. I would either lose them or mess them up. (Most of them didn't seem to like to be worn at the gym .. sweat). I have had everything from the el cheapos, mid class and now the Bose ones.

Had them over a year and a half now and couldn't be happier. They seem to take the abuse at the gym and have been the best sounding by far. Also, since they were fairly expensive I find myself being a lot more careful where I put them. I seem to do that with all the things I spend a bit more money on. I swear that is a spending habit that always seems to save me money in the long run. :D If I would have just bought the Bose ones first I probably could have bought 2 or 3 pairs of the Bose ones by now.

Honorable mentions ...

I these pair of Sony's

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-EX-earbuds-Black-MDREX36V-BLK/sem/rpsm/oid/222592/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I thought they sounded great for the price, but they did not hold up from the sweat in the gym.

Then I had these pair of Sennheiser that are water and sweat resistant.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sennheiser-MX-70-Sport-Headphones-MX70/sem/rpsm/oid/184251/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Whatever the material the buds are made of is great. They stay in place very well while sweating. The problems I had were they were extremely ugly and I found them to be very uncomfortable. I see now though they have redesigned them so maybe it isn't a problem anymore. Mine actually have two "buds". One was the speaker that actually goes in your ear (no problem) and the other was this tiny circle thing that was designed to be "locked" into your ear. Very uncomfortable and the pad for it always fell off which made it even more uncomfortable.

If you don't mind spending the money I think the Bose in ears are hard to beat.

I used to go through in ear headphones like nothing. I would either lose them or mess them up. (Most of them didn't seem to like to be worn at the gym .. sweat). I have had everything from the el cheapos, mid class and now the Bose ones.

Had them over a year and a half now and couldn't be happier. They seem to take the abuse at the gym and have been the best sounding by far. Also, since they were fairly expensive I find myself being a lot more careful where I put them. I seem to do that with all the things I spend a bit more money on. I swear that is a spending habit that always seems to save me money in the long run. :D If I would have just bought the Bose ones first I probably could have bought 2 or 3 pairs of the Bose ones by now.

Honorable mentions ...

I these pair of Sony's

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-EX-earbuds-Black-MDREX36V-BLK/sem/rpsm/oid/222592/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I thought they sounded great for the price, but they did not hold up from the sweat in the gym.

Then I had these pair of Sennheiser that are water and sweat resistant.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sennheiser-MX-70-Sport-Headphones-MX70/sem/rpsm/oid/184251/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Whatever the material the buds are made of is great. They stay in place very well while sweating. The problems I had were they were extremely ugly and I found them to be very uncomfortable. I see now though they have redesigned them so maybe it isn't a problem anymore. Mine actually have two "buds". One was the speaker that actually goes in your ear (no problem) and the other was this tiny circle thing that was designed to be "locked" into your ear. Very uncomfortable and the pad for it always fell off which made it even more uncomfortable.

My dad uses these, their great! super bassy!  ;D

I like Skull Candy.

SKULL CANDY!!!!!!

(if you live near a "Marshall's", they have the $59 and the $39 ones for $19.99 and $9.99!!!!  I bought 2 extra pair just to have.  Now I have blk, red and orange :) )

I picked up a pair of the Skull Candy ones alittle while ago when they were on sale at Circuit City. They were probably the mid range one as they were on sale for $20. I've been very happy with them. Keep alot of noise from my train ride to school out.

I've had Senheisers because everyone said they were the best and were used in a lot of studios I have been in. Got me a pair - with the exended warranty from Circuit City - and a year later they stopped working. Went back and got another pair. Another year or so later and one side stopped working as well. Could not get repaired or replaced so just another pair - two years later they died as well. Done with Senheisers.

I got the upper end Sony's and they were nice but just felt like I was missing something. Went to the Panasonic which I liked better than the Sony and were less expensive. After a while though the tone just started sounding dead/weak to me.

Bit the bullet and bought the Bose headphones about three years ago. I have since stopped looking at other headphones and will replace with another pair if they ever stop working.

Eddie

before you buy the Bose look into V-Moda Vibes, I own a set, I work in an extremely loud enviorment and these little powerhouses slip right into your ears and block the outside world.

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/modaphones/vibe.aspx

Also to consider is Sennheiser USA, another guy in my department owns them

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500939

Im sure you'll be happy