Sign in to follow this  
Simp

UPS owes me money! :(

Well I ordered some XMas stuff from Cabela's and TW at like 4am on the 18th and 5am the 19th. I went ahead and paid extra for second day air to make sure it gets here before xmas. I got notice early on the 19th that the second order had shipped.The delivery dates ended up being the same which is weird considering one was ordered the day before the other. I didn't care because they were both suppose to be here the 23rd. I followed the packages from their origin across the country. I always think it's fun to see where everything goes. Then today I notice the package I ordered first hadn't made it to it's local distro center and wasn't out for delivery while the second package was out for delivery. In fact it had just sat at a town 5 hours north of me for almost 48 hours.I waited until about 1pm to give UPS a call. The nice lady told me the online tracking hadn't updated with all the info yet and it had left for the local distro a hour so so ago. I asked if the package doesn't make it today am I entitled to a shipping refund? She checked some info and told me yes if my packages don't make it today because I ordered 2nd day air that I will. I file some type of claim I think and she said they notify the retailer to refund the shipping charges to me. For both orders shipping added up to about $30 so that's nice but it leaves me a headache tomorrow. I have Xmas parties tomorrow night and relatives coming over to stay. It kind of ruins the surprise when they see a TW or Cabela's box. Now I just hope it gets here!:(

Simp,

With all the weather related problems I am surprised if your packages arrive at all.

I know UPS is doing its best and is inundated with packages as we do not trust the United States Postal Service to handle our packages promptly and professionally so we go with UPS.

Hope all arrives in time.

Merry Christmas.  :)

Simp,

With all the weather related problems I am surprised if your packages arrive at all.

I know UPS is doing its best and is inundated with packages as we do not trust the United States Postal Service to handle our packages promptly and professionally so we go with UPS.

Hope all arrives in time.

Merry Christmas. :)

I hear ya but it's the package from Cali (TW)that's really late. The only bad weather for us besides the cold was from 5am to 11am Tuesday morning. My problem was it sat at Decatur IL for well over 24hrs and the only bad weather there was the time period listed. The package from cabela's came from WI I believe and got to Chicago Monday and was 300 miles south the next day at the local distro center. I figure it didn't get delivered because the ice backed up all the package delivery in out area. I guess my big gripe is I usually go ground and it seems to be just as fast but this time I paid the extra $$ for 2nd day air. I would have went for overnight if I had seen the TW special. As long as it gets here today (both packages are less then 10 miles away) and I get a shipping refund I'll be happy well not happy but I won't be mad either. On the USPS subject. I actually like the USPS as a shipper (ebay ect) and on the other end as well. My only gripe is they need to invest in a better tracking system for packages. I order a fair amount of stuff from Amazon Marketplace and even ebay and the USPS has always been cheap and fast. They also deliver my mail at 10am and USPS usually doesn't come until 6-7pm.