Sign in to follow this  
done

Will someone please slap these football announcers

So Sunday, I am watching the Panthers get beat, again. One thing about that game they FINALLY started doing different things. They were not having a mess of success with it but it was good to see them not doing same ol' same ol'.

The announcer, then gets up and start on how the Panthers are doing something different and it is not working and his advice "They need to get back to good old fashioned Panthers football!". I realize these guys cannot know everything but the Panthers are 1-6, seems to me good old fashioned Panthers football is the LAST thing they need to be doing. Seems to me good old fashioned Panthers football is really not that great. So doing anything different, really is a good idea.

Maybe I am cranky cause I cannot remember the last winning season we had, but for someone who is paid to announce games and analyze them, it seemed like a ridiculously nimrodic (yeah new word) thing to say. 

I am also a Panther's fan, and I also agree with you that they need to try some things new including the head coach and quaterback.  I would like to see Bill Cowher come to Charlotte because he lives in Raleigh now and since his wife died I think he wants to get back into football.  Not sure who I want the quarterback to be though...

I am also a Panther's fan, and I also agree with you that they need to try some things new including the head coach and quaterback. I would like to see Bill Cowher come to Charlotte because he lives in Raleigh now and since his wife died I think he wants to get back into football. Not sure who I want the quarterback to be though...

Cam Newton.  ;D   ;D   ;D

I am also a Panther's fan, and I also agree with you that they need to try some things new including the head coach and quaterback. I would like to see Bill Cowher come to Charlotte because he lives in Raleigh now and since his wife died I think he wants to get back into football. Not sure who I want the quarterback to be though...

Cam Newton. ;D ;D ;D

Hmm... Not a bad idea.

;D

As a cowboy fan, I can feel your pain w/ your team not doing well.

I think the announcers were referring to the times when Carolina was going to run the ball, and pass off play action...and everyone knew it but still couldn't stop it b/c the Panthers executed.  But that was when the o-line was really good and Delhomme still had it. I agree with you, if that is not working, Try something else.

So Sunday, I am watching the Panthers get beat, again. One thing about that game they FINALLY started doing different things. They were not having a mess of success with it but it was good to see them not doing same ol' same ol'.

The announcer, then gets up and start on how the Panthers are doing something different and it is not working and his advice "They need to get back to good old fashioned Panthers football!". I realize these guys cannot know everything but the Panthers are 1-6, seems to me good old fashioned Panthers football is the LAST thing they need to be doing. Seems to me good old fashioned Panthers football is really not that great. So doing anything different, really is a good idea.

Maybe I am cranky cause I cannot remember the last winning season we had, but for someone who is paid to announce games and analyze them, it seemed like a ridiculously nimrodic (yeah new word) thing to say.

Do you have a short memory?  ;) They played in the 2004 Super Bowl. Maybe that's the "good old-fashioned Panthers football" that the announcer had in mind.

Do you have a short memory? ;) They played in the 2004 Super Bowl. Maybe that's the "good old-fashioned Panthers football" that the announcer had in mind.

They did but the team is not the same it was and really the play calling typically sucks. I mean we have a game where we try to pick the play the Panthers will run before they line up. Except for the last 2 games (1 of which they won), we are about 80-85% percent accurate. Now the guy who are paid to do that I am sure can do into the 90's.

Add to that our joke of a line (which have more to do with our QB problems than anything else IMO), and you cannot play "old fashioned panthers football". The simply  do not have the toolbox for it. It has been plainly obvious for the last 2 seasons to everyone but Coach Fox and that announcer.

They need to change it up and come up with a style that works with what they have. The announcers though seems oblivious to that.

I mean in one game they actually said they needed to go back to what they did in the first quarter, which was no points, what felt like 5,000 punts and a turnover or 2.

grrrrr. And what is worse, I grew up in Buffalo. So my 2 teams are the Panthers and the Bills. Needless to say, fishing on sunday afternoons...sound like a MUCH better use of my time this year. lol

I don't know why you guys are poo poo-ing Clausen. He's going to be great in the NFL he just needs to be surrounded my talent.

My favorite quote of the day during the Skins game was when Rex Gross-one came out and the announcer says, "Rex does know this offence a lot better than Donovan. He was with Kyle Shananhan in Houston."

Stupid. We lost to Lions. Again.