Sign in to follow this  
Sam

This Would Be Funny if it Wasn't so Sad

In Sunday, January 2nd sports section:

Pittsburgh athletic director Steve Pederson praised  Mike Haywood's character when he was hired last month, calling his values" in line with the values of this great university."

Haywood was arrested on felony domestic battery charge on Friday, December 31st.

So much for the "in line with the values of this great university."

What is really sad is that Haywood is a great guy and outstanding coach. I remember when he was at LSU and he did a fantastic job with our running backs and he was a popular coach.

I hope he lands somewhere in the future.

Hey Michigan, if Satan is not going to leave Bamasux how about giving Haywood a shot? Oh, Rich Rod is a great offensive coach, too, and you Canadians don't like his results. Oh well, it was just a suggestion.  :D  :D   :D

If he's guilty of what he's been charged with, he doesn't deserve to be in a position of leading young men.

Haywood isn't going to land anywhere near UM.  They wouldn't put up with Moeller's issues, so anyone with a felony abuse history is toast here.

Saban.... Let's just say he is in the conference that deserves him.

It would be nice to see Harbaugh come back to his roots, even though UM can't match the pay scale of the NFL, and it's not like they're in the SEC.  But Michigan will find a coach that will carry on the long tradition here as the winningest team in the NCAA. 

If he's guilty of what he's been charged with, he doesn't deserve to be in a position of leading young men.

X2.

If he is guilty of the alleged charges, then he will definitly land somewhere in the future...jail.

Here in Pittsburgh, there is an odd happiness that this all occurred.  No one was happy with the hire (or with Pederson for that matter).  Maybe Pederson will actually consider Tom Bradley this time (his reason for not considering him before was because he was a Penn State guy.)  The Pitt - Penn State rivalry has been dead for some time and I think Pederson is a nut case for using this excuse.  Maybe they will bring Wannstedt back.