Sign in to follow this  
5bass

Vince Young no longer a Titan

VY is gone. Bud Adams says it's time to find the Titans next franchise QB.

I'm a huge Titans fan. I'm glad they got rid of Vince. I've defended him in the past and how the Titans have tried to make him a pocket passer (which he never has and never will be one). I'm not quite sure he can handle the pressure and I am tired of his crazy, childish attitude. No hard feelings there.

As for the franchise qb, the Titans have the 8th overall pick so it's a good chance they'll be able to select one of the top 4 qbs. Maybe Ryan Mallet. I would love to have Luck but I imagine he'll be the first pick and they won't trade for that.

There are other things to consider though. I think Bud Adams is a problem. I also really like Jeff Fisher but for a coach that has been with one team for as long as he has, he hasn't accomplished anything. I'm not sure how much of that is to blame on him, the Titans tend to let their really good players slip away when their contracts expire. There's a lot more that needs to be done in Nashville IMO.

A friend of mine got the chance to go in the players parking garage and meet a lot of the players one game.  He walked up to Vince Young and asked for his autograph and he looked at him like he was stupid and told him he wasn't a little kid.   ;D

Skins fans, prepare for VY as your next QB. haha

;D  That would be awesome! Shanahan would flip out if Snyder went and got VY.

I dont think it would happen. Shanahan is very good friends with Fisher.

Don't know where he'll end up but some organization will pick him up , no matter what his problems are.

agreed. long list of teams looking for a starting QB:  Minnesota, Arizona, Oakland and San Francisco to name a few. Not to mention teams looking for a quality back up...

Wonder if Adams will try for Luck, Newton or Mallett.

Luck looks outstanding but he and his family have money so there is no need for him to declare for the draft and leave Stanfoot.

I would think Mallett is gone along with Newton.

Never was a Vince Young fan, even in college. I thought he was over rated.  :D

Luck looks outstanding but he and his family have money so there is no need for him to declare for the draft and leave Stanfoot.

Never was a Vince Young fan, even in college. I thought he was over rated. :D

He is overrated. 

I really really hope he doesn't draft Cam. If Luck comes out it would be a long shot to get him. Titans would have to trade up and hope that Carolina picks Gruden as the coach.  He has a serious bromance with Jimmy Clausen.  Carolina has already said they plan to pick Luck if he comes out, the only way that doesn't happen is if Gruden is coach.

Mallett would do really good on any team that has a solid offensive line, but that's something the Titan's were lacking this year. There's a chance he stays another year at Arkansas.

I'm still in between on Jake Locker.  He seems to have the leadership skills but has hot and cold streaks.

I'm just elated that VY will no longer be here by the first day of the new league year. 

He is overrated.

I really really hope he doesn't draft Cam.

I'm just elated that VY will no longer be here by the first day of the new league year.

Ditto that ^^^^^^

VY, don't let the door hit you in the.........

I hope they don't get Cam too. Another potential behavioral problem, as I see it.

I'm a huge Titans fan. I'm glad they got rid of Vince. I've defended him in the past and how the Titans have tried to make him a pocket passer (which he never has and never will be one). I'm not quite sure he can handle the pressure and I am tired of his crazy, childish attitude. No hard feelings there.

As for the franchise qb, the Titans have the 8th overall pick so it's a good chance they'll be able to select one of the top 4 qbs. Maybe Ryan Mallet. I would love to have Luck but I imagine he'll be the first pick and they won't trade for that.

There are other things to consider though. I think Bud Adams is a problem. I also really like Jeff Fisher but for a coach that has been with one team for as long as he has, he hasn't accomplished anything. I'm not sure how much of that is to blame on him, the Titans tend to let their really good players slip away when their contracts expire. There's a lot more that needs to be done in Nashville IMO.

You think bud Adams is the problem? Hell, we've known that for years here in Houston. Ya'll got him, keep him.  HAHAHAHAHA.

VY as an athlete is not over rated, the guys a freak no matter what you say.

I'll will always be a Young fan cause I can never forget the Rose Bowl and that winning run. My throat hurts just thinking about how crazy my buddies and I were when the Horns won.

That being said he needs to fix is attitude before he is ready to be a Pro.

And remember that Vick was never going to be a pocket guy and look at him now.

VY has the chance to be great lets just see if he will take it.

I heard VY's statement about being let go. He took the high road and didnt say one bad thing about Fisher, actually, he said he liked Fisher but he didnt feel like he had his trust.

So, what do you guys think about Fisher? He seems like a good coach but when you actually look at his record and accomplishments, he doesn't look all that good. Maybe I'm wrong, I dont follow him or the Titans much.

I am wondering why they traded for Moss but didnt really use him?

Fisher is a pretty good coach, you really can't go by his record.  Adams never re-signs any players that are good.  That's just the way it is.  He's done pretty good through the years for the most part with mediocre talent throughout the team.

Doesn't matter if Fisher is here or not, guess what will happen to Chris Johnson in a year or two when the contract comes up.

One big change needs to happen though, and that's get rid of Cecil or take the playbook out of his hand.

I am wondering why they traded for Moss but didnt really use him?

When the whole VY throwing the fit came out, there was a local radio station that said Moss had told him he was open and asked why he didn't throw him the ball.  VY responded with this was his team and he would throw it to whoever he felt like.

This is just what I heard on the radio after that game.

Fisher is a pretty good coach, you really can't go by his record. Adams never re-signs any players that are good. That's just the way it is. He's done pretty good through the years for the most part with mediocre talent throughout the team.

That makes sense to me but you know how it is....stats mean everything to some people.

Exactly, the one year where everything is set, they go to the SB.  But then the "stars" just never get re-signed. 

You can look at Bo Scaife.  He tried free agency after his best year.  No takers whatsoever.  Stats wise, he was near the top after that year, but nobody wanted him. That kind of shows you what kind of players are on that team. 

I'm hoping they won't re-sign him back as well.  I mean he can catch the ball, but almost every time as soon as he turns up field he will fall, or get hit and fumble the ball.  Jared Cook has impressed a lot of people with the playing time he got the past few weeks, he looks like a stud.

Maybe we can give Vince to the Raiders, maybe make a deal with ol' Al. ;)

Exactly, the one year where everything is set, they go to the SB. But then the "stars" just never get re-signed.

You can look at Bo Scaife. He tried free agency after his best year. No takers whatsoever. Stats wise, he was near the top after that year, but nobody wanted him. That kind of shows you what kind of players are on that team.

I'm hoping they won't re-sign him back as well. I mean he can catch the ball, but almost every time as soon as he turns up field he will fall, or get hit and fumble the ball. Jared Cook has impressed a lot of people with the playing time he got the past few weeks, he looks like a stud.

Maybe we can give Vince to the Raiders, maybe make a deal with ol' Al. ;)

I wouldn't put it past Al. He likes players with issues, and clearly, VY has issues.

Never was a Vince Young fan, even in college. I thought he was over rated. :D

Luck is staying in School.

Hopefully the Panthers will try to get VY since Luck is staying in school.

Well like I said in my earlier post, we take risks on a lot of our players. We don't like to resign our "stars" whenever they are due a good contract. We also don't normally go after big names in the draft. We like to take risks which have paid off pretty good here lately.

I still like Jeff Fisher but I'm not sold on him anymore. His tenure is the longest but I'm not quite sure he's earned it. I like his style most games but I don't understand everything he does. I know that when you have a 2,000 yd rusher you're going to want to run the ball. But when you run on 1st and 2nd down every drive and then have to throw on 3rd and 13 every time it makes it hard.