Sign in to follow this  
Dock Master

My 32 GB, lastest generation iPod Touch Won't Charge...

So I usually listen to my iPod while I am in bed and when I wake up I just put it into my iHome to charge it for the day but yesterday I go to put it in my iHome because its dead from being played all night and it won't do anything except for a blank, black screen.  At first I thought it was just my iHome messed up so I go to my computer and plug it in and it still doesn't charge and iTunes doesn't recognize it.  I tried using Apples support but I quit before I threw my computer out the window because for some reason they have got to make things so complicated!!!  So I decided to come here for help.  Do you guys have any suggestions of what might be the problem and what I could do to fix it?

I'm looking for anything cause this thing was $300 dollars and thats some dough to a 17 year old guy like me. 

Thanks in advance...

I would say to look on CL  or a local classifieds for someone who can repair. I tried to repair my sons gen 1 touch a few years ago and was really happy until it came to putting the push button back on. 

Needless to say he is a proud owner of a new touch. They are a pain in the rear to repair.  I am not saying this to discourage you, just to let you know.

I don't know the exact date right off the top of my head but I got it back in the summer of 2010, so not that long ago...

I grew up close to you and my dad is from downtown Sanford,  if worse come to worse. My dad works with a guy who repairs them. I can get you the info if you want it.

some suggestions:

get a zune.

try a hard reset.

perhaps the battery is just so dead it can't even turn on? leave it plugged in for a while and see what happens.

try leaving it plugged in for a good while before you give it the hard reset.

My phone did that a couple days ago and I was not patient. I Master Reset it, which didnt help, then, after a couple hours of being plugged in, it magically came to life.

Lost tons of contacts, ringtones, pictures, settings, etc ;D

It is covered by Apple for 1 year so you can call them or to go an apple store or where you bought it to have it fixed/replaced.

try leaving it plugged in for a good while before you give it the hard reset.

My phone did that a couple days ago and I was not patient. I Master Reset it, which didnt help, then, after a couple hours of being plugged in, it magically came to life.

Lost tons of contacts, ringtones, pictures, settings, etc ;D

oh i didn't mean hard reset like wipe your drive clean, i guess i should have said "restart"

Thanks for all the information guys but I've it plugged in the last two days and it hasn't done anything except for show an all white screen for about 7 seconds and then turn back black like it was before...

:(