Sign in to follow this  
fishingrulz

First Tog outing ever yesterday...

And was it a blast! Great weather 60 dead flat. We were fishing on The Celtic Quest otut of Montauk. I was lucky enough to be invited by my friend. It was a Noreast.com trip. All NE members. The friend that invited me...his dad owns NE. I'm good friends with him. It was a lot of fun. Great crew. I only picked up 2 fish but they were nice. About a 4 or 5 pound Blackfish and a nice pound to 2 pound porgy. The 2 pool fish were almost dead even at 9 pounds a piece. Old fish too! they are estimated at 40 years old!  :o There were 100 keeper Blackfish mixed in with blues 1 keeper Striper(released) and some Seabass and Porgy's. Incuding a huge Seabass caught by my friends dad that went 2 or 3 pounds. The average tog was about 4 pounds. It kinda sucked seeing all those fish go because it takes a long time for them to get big. If it were just my friend, his dad and I we would have caught and released them all. I wasn't gonna say anything. Its not my place. Crew was great as well. Not to mention I got out of school as well. It was really special that they invited me. I was so pumped. I didn't mind that I only had 2 fish becuase they were catching all around me and it was just a lot of fun! Great time. :) :) 8-)