Sign in to follow this  
shsesc

Trout!?

Hi, I'm newly reintroduced to fishing I've been fishing mainly for bass, but I'd also like to catch trout.  If anyone knows of a site as good as this one about trout fishing, I'd be interested.  

But if there is no site like this for trout, I'd be interested in knowing what works in CT.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Try little hooks and power bait dough bait. Roll up a little ball and stick a meal worm on there too. Put it under a float. If cast and retrieve is your thing try little inline spinners. Good luck.

I just tore the Rainbow trout up in Tennessee on the Little Pigeon River. I caught about 30 in a 7 day trip, and topped it off with an 18 in Brown trout. I used red wigglers, a #8 hook, and 2 slit shot on 4lb test line. Hook the worms once threw the middle for that natural look.  Though I ran out early with the worms, I caught the most with, to include the big Brown, Berkley Gulp miniworms in the natural color. They are linked together like little sausages. That little 2 inch link wore those trout out. I hooked them the same way as I mentioned above. I could usually catch 2 or 3 on the same bait. That's all I'm going to use from now on. Tightlines!!!

Yep. They make the nightcrawlers(earthworms) and the miniworms which are red wiggler size. They come in Natural and Red wiggler. Mine reads Natural, but they look more like Redwigglers. I bought the Miniworms at Wal-Mart. I found some good pictures of them at this site: http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store/Berkley_Gulp_Mini_Earthworms.htm