Sign in to follow this  
ewokmonsta720

New Hampshire Trout Fishing

What the hell is going on in NH?? Yesterday I drove an hour and a half to the Swift River where I spent many hours and caught nothing. I saw fish there......... but they weren't biting. I tried several spots on the river yesterday and got nothing. Not even 3 weeks ago I fished the same spot and creeled four 1 pounders, and two 2 pounders. Went back that night to the same spot and snagged two more 1 pounders. Now, nothing. Fly fished a remote trout pond today in New Durham.............. nothing....... just a nibble. Spent three hours at that location. Fished the Isinglass River today also.......... at several spots............ nothing at all. Not even a nibble. Does anyone know where I can go to get some nice brookies or rainbows?? Or any tips on catching landlocked salmon in big lakes like Merrymeeting in New Durham? Or even lake trout on Merrymeeting?

The trout were biting down here in Southwest NH a week or so ago, but nothing lately for me either.

Maybe they are on vacation for the 4th like everyone else.

;)