Sign in to follow this  
Ballpark Frank

Is anyone going to the Southern Challenge on Wheeler?

Hey guys, I am off on Thursday(6-5) and Sunday(6-8), planning to go to opening morning and the final day weigh-in. If anyone is interested in going to watch, let me know.

I am going to buy a good digital camera for myself this afternoon. If I get some good pics, I'll definitely post them. I have seen a few Elite trucks and boats around Athens and Decatur the past couple of days, specifically KVD's Tundra and Swindle's Purolator.

Today on the way to Walmart for the dreaded grocery shopping, I had to stop for gas. Well guess who else was pumping gas, and alot more than me? Skeet Reese in that gigantic truck of his. My wife asked for his autograph and he told us to pull around to the hotel he is staying at. He autographed a Lucky Craft/Skeet Reese card for us and took a few pics. We chatted for a few minutes about Wheeler, the weather, his 2007 AOY, and being the father of two little girls(I have 2 young daughters as well). The problem was the only camera we had on hand was my cell phone. I am going to try to get the pics off tonight. He was gracious and genuine. I wished him good luck and as we were pulling out, Ish Monroe was pulling in and John Murray behind him. I didn't bother them but did wish them good luck. They both responded with honest thank you's. It has been awhile since my area has had a tournament of this level. I hope to get to meet more of the Elites tomorrow morning.

Didn't chat with Ish? He is one of the nicest guys on tour.