Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Mick

Re: Hangin with the Elites. (pics added)

Guys,

Great stories and pics! I've had the good fortune to hang out with a bunch of the Elite guys for the last couple of months, and they are all really good guys.

I actually had dinner with KVD, Quinn, Rook, Scroggins and Wirth the night KVD won the Kissimmee event. (Zona joined us also.) As athletes, the things they do on the water are amazing. As people, they're as down to earth and approachable as you'd hope. (Although KVD is a pretty intense guy.)

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Cheers!

ED:  It's going to take some time to sift through all the pics, but I'll post as soon as I can.

I'll be posting more pictures tonight when I finally get home. In the meantime, here's a link to the web series I'm working on with Jason Quinn. (Many of you may have already seen it.) Two episodes are up, with more to come soon

http://www.costachannelc.com/videos/Costa_TV/Jason_Quinn/New_Episode_1_Bass_Life_with_Jason_Quinn_The_Good_The_Bad_The_Ugly/

Looks like the next tournament I'll be covering will be Fort Madison, Iowa in late June. But I'll keep the pictures (and stories) coming when I can.

Enjoy!

SM

Okay, so here's a quick story while I'm waiting to board my plane.

Wade Grooms, a rookie on the Elite tour, is a super-nice guy. I mean, most of the pros are really cool, but Wade always takes the time to chat about what's going on out on the water, and what the lifestyle is like.

So, at Murray, where does he finish? 51st, one ounce out of the 50-cut, missing out on $10K! Which wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't finished 51st the tournament before at Clarks Hill! That one he missed by two ounces.

But he still had a great attitude, knew that the points were valuable, and spent the better part of an hour chatting with me and introducing me to his family.

A good guy.

--SM

I to will be attending the River Rumble in Iowa and can't wait to see a tournament of this caliber. Hope to come back with some pics

Harshman

I to will be attending the River Rumble in Iowa and can't wait to see a tournament of this caliber. Hope to come back with some pics

Harshman

I too am going up there. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going up...that is if I get off work. Maybe I'll see.