Sign in to follow this  
HAWG Fisher

Headed to my first tourney and open to advice!!

Im not new to bass'n but relitivley new to lake fishing. Im not seeing a major difference but some......... Alot deeper water fishing and fishing deeper structure fishing!!! (I usually shore fish). What if any advice do you have for HOT summer lake fishing? Im sure the fish will be in deeper water? What are you throwing and how are you working the fish? Ive been very sucessfull morning fishing with top water baits and throwing plastics at the shore but im blanking alot in the hotter part of the day.

Thanks, HAWG 8-)

Factors will change depending on where you are fishing. Generally, I throw DD22's, big texas rigged worms, and jigs in the summer.

Ill be fishing SW Kansas at Clark County Lake. I really dont know much about the Lake? From pictures it dont look likr there is alot of above ground trees but there may be some under water im guessing?

Thanks again

Use jigs and focus on underwater rip rap. I don't know the lake so i'm not sure of the structure. Hit points and ledges as much as possible. Lakes have underwater humps that can be found on a fish/depth finder, active bass stay on top of those humps. Are you in the front of the boat or back?

Thanks for the tips given so far!! I will be on the back of the boat. I will be fishing with a friend that has fished the lake a little BUT, you dont know how much grief (friendly) I have taken from him about not knowing what its gonna take to catch fish on the lakes. I WOULD FALL OFF THE BOAT LAUGHING if I just show up and out fish him!! (WE ARE BEST FRIENDS). We have dinner bet and I hate the thought of buying his dinner!!   >:(

Up in the brush along the shorelines... thats what works at butler county lake, which they all seem to fish the same small lake wise in ks.  Use watermelon and red shad colored works or creature baits.  White spinnerbaits, and if its muddy through them with gold blades.... just my 2 cents worth