Sign in to follow this  
jrhennecke

Bass Elites vs. FLW

im going to have to go w/ the elites my friend, mark davis went back. :)

On average, I'd say the Elites.  However, that is more a function of the anglers 100-200 on the FLW pulling down their average (vs. only 100 anglers total in BASS).  If you were to compare the top 10 in each, I'd call it a toss up.

FLW has a few really good fishermen but BASS has 40-50 really good fishermen that at any given time will take your lunch money.  Elites all the way.

You will get a popularity vote here on your poll...

If you think it is a runaway with anglers on the elites over the FLW you are mistaken. Elites are getting more exposure with sponsors is the main reason many have not quickly switched over to FLW. FLW pays more money for tourneys but isnt as "high profile" as the elites for sponsors. I would have to say it is a toss up as far as the quality of fisherman go. FLW are fishing against 200.

JR

JR Howard makes a good point.

So what makes a pro a "better" angler? The most tournament wins? But how many did he have to beat?

How can you compare 100 to 200?

The bottom line is they are all good at what they do. The best one is the one everybody likes the most.  ;)

It's hard to say...the Elites fish in areas where you can put up big numbers pretty easily whereas the FLW seems to fish more lakes with tougher conditions and smaller sacks, except Clear Lake. Tough question...a lot of good points have been made.

Both.      You need more Pro trails.    It keeps them on their toes.    CAuses them to push the envelope.

I don't get FSN because of the cable plan.     Too many guys in the USA that are great sticks that can win.

I think we had the same Classic winner as we did on the FLW a few years back.

MR Clausen won the classic on both sides of the fence.

With respect,  the old BASS pros have more exposure, but times always changes, and new talent always shows up.

We need both trails to keep pushing each other.

I sure would have trouble putting 5 pros together on a fantasy league created from both tours.

I haven't seen Mark DAvis, Jay yelas, Fritts Cochran for awhile, but do know these guys are great at what they do.

Its a tough one & i believe the only way to settle it is have the 2 series come together once a year, top 50 from each series for a 3 day event that pays $2.5 million to the individual winner and 2.5 million to the winning series (total weight from each series). Both Series have the resources to pull this off and it would only raise Bass fishing to the next level. It would be like when the AFL and NFL started playing for the super bowl.     Make a real Super Bowl of Bass Fishing!!!!!

BASS BRAWL '09

Its a tough one & i believe the only way to settle it is have the 2 series come together once a year, top 50 from each series for a 3 day event that pays $2.5 million to the individual winner and 2.5 million to the winning series (total weight from each series). Both Series have the resources to pull this off and it would only raise Bass fishing to the next level. It would be like when the AFL and NFL started playing for the super bowl. Make a real Super Bowl of Bass Fishing!!!!!

BASS BRAWL '09

That would be something to see!

I can't see BASS putting up that much money to make something like that happen. Heck, BASS acted like putting on the Major tournaments (no entry fees, huge payout) the past couple years just about sent them to the poorhouse.