Sign in to follow this  
chitown

MY bass Marshals Having fun yet

So any one doing this . How's the free meals and gifts .

I bet your fingers stay warm in your pockets Mr Rojas gave His marshal a shower I believe. That is Amstad water . I bet it felt refreshing. I do see he Marshals get int o some pictures

From the photos i've seen on "ESPN" they look bored outta there you know whats.

I know I wouldn't want to go out for 8 hours watching someone else fish.

And it seems "BASS" has there thinking kinda backwards making the marshals pay a $100.00 entry fee to watch over the pros shoulders?

Seems they should be paying them $100.00 to be basses watchdogs.

My predication? May last but one season. I think the co-anglers will be back next year.

From the photos i've seen on "ESPN" they look bored outta there you know whats.

I know I wouldn't want to go out for 8 hours watching someone else fish.

And it seems "BASS" has there thinking kinda backwards making the marshals pay a $100.00 entry fee to watch over the pros shoulders?

Seems they should be paying them $100.00 to be basses watchdogs.

My predication? May last but one season. I think the co-anglers will be back next year.

I don't know, I tried to get in as a Marshall for the tournament up here on the river I am on a waiting list because it was full.

JT Bagwell

Same here for the Smith Mountain Elite.  I signed up back in December and was 10th on the waiting list (now 11th after Steve Daniel dropped out)   :(  I actually think it would be a good investment but that conversation has been beaten to death!  

Some people would pay top dollar to sit and learn from a pro, or even pay to hear them speak for 2 hours.  $100 to learn from the best and see if what they have been telling us all these years...IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!  And yes, you will get bored.....I would be glad to be bored it I got HACK ATTACK, IKE, KVD, or some of the TOP pros.  It's the rookies I would regret sitting with.....lol :o :o 8-) ::)

Even the "rookies" are better than most of your top regional guys so you still stand a good chance to learn something.  I look at it as an investment in my future.   ;)

Lets beat this to death somemore.   lol

If you followed them in your "own" boat, your gonna spend over a hundred bucks in gas if you watched them for 2-4 days anyway.

Your own boat, you aren't gonna be that close to see the small things he may be doing to get bit.

You would probably get just as bored if you were in your own boat as well.

Got lots of buddies who are on the waiting list as well.

Don't see BASS having any problems filling the boats like some suggested.    LOL.

My wife tried to sign me up for the tournament that was going to be on Champlain, before they decided to cancel it, and all the spots were already full.  No, I don't think they are going to have a hard time filling the spots.

Even the "rookies" are better than most of your top regional guys so you still stand a good chance to learn something. I look at it as an investment in my future. ;)

Ditto

I have sat in a boat on the last day of practice for the Bassmasters Classic for the past two years. The first year was with Timmy Horton and this last month it was with Mike McCleland. I learned details that you just don't get from anywhere else. I have taken what I learned and turned it into success on the water. I can tell you that every minute was worth it and I'd pay 100 bucks to do it.

Squid, those rookies are for real. They are elites remember. I've been studying under one of them now for awhile and I can promise that rookie is just a label. ;D

Squid, those rookies are for real. They are elites remember. I've been studying under one of them now for awhile and I can promise that rookie is just a label. ;D

You couldn't be more correct!!!  They called Bobby Lane and Steve Kennedy rookies when they joined BASS and they've been killing on the FLW trail for years.  These "rookies" have been fishing Opens, Federation, or other trails for a long time.  I view them as rookies on the Elite Tour, but they are not a true rookie in the sport by any means!!

You couldn't be more correct!!! They called Bobby Lane and Steve Kennedy rookies when they joined BASS and they've been killing on the FLW trail for years. These "rookies" have been fishing Opens, Federation, or other trails for a long time. I view them as rookies on the Elite Tour, but they are not a true rookie in the sport by any means!!

See, now that is what I did not understand. Those guys have been called pro's for years. They should have never been labled a rookie. And there are others.

I can go over everyones resume and tell you who I would rather sit with. :o

I would sit with JVD. He is a funny, soft spoken kid, who will dominate when he gets his chance. But also cause he and I can make fun of each other in the boat...lol ;D :D You know...he is fishing and I am sitting >:(....lol

Whats so hard to understand about being labeled as a rookie.

Guys play football for most of their lives and when your a freshmen in college, your a "rook",   when you get drafted to the pros, your a "rook".

The label is in no way ever meant they don't know nothing.      

So yes, if this is your first year to ever qualify for the Elites, your a rookie.    It speaks of your first season on tour and nothing else.