Sign in to follow this  
SammyLee

How to Co-Angle - Non-Angler?

I was just thinking that I need some type of apprenticeship program to really learn to bass fish.  Back in Florida I was invited to be an observer for bill-fish tournaments because I could keep my mouth shut and NEVER got seasick.  It gave me an opportunity to learn about some fishing I'd never get to do, really.  I was on million dollar boats and fuel and bait represented a months pay for me.

Anyway, how does this work for bass tournaments?  Do you guys already have the other fellows picked out?  I can promise you pros a few things.  I won't chit-chat you to death and I will NEVER talk about places, technique or lures.  I may use what I learn but yapping about it will not happen.

Really, I am kinda surprised there is as much sharing here as there is.

So, what's the deal on "the other fellow?"

Read all you can .... might want to join a bass club, that's a good way to learn the basics. Maybe somebody on this forum that lives in your area will take you under their wing.

I was just thinking that I need some type of apprenticeship program to really learn to bass fish. Back in Florida I was invited to be an observer for bill-fish tournaments because I could keep my mouth shut and NEVER got seasick. It gave me an opportunity to learn about some fishing I'd never get to do, really. I was on million dollar boats and fuel and bait represented a months pay for me.

Anyway, how does this work for bass tournaments? Do you guys already have the other fellows picked out? I can promise you pros a few things. I won't stuff-chat you to death and I will NEVER talk about places, technique or lures. I may use what I learn but yapping about it will not happen.

Really, I am kinda surprised there is as much sharing here as there is.

So, what's the deal on "the other fellow?"

With your attitude I can't imagine someone not wanting to take you out with them. You should have no problem getting all the rides you want.