Sign in to follow this  
UPS VT

Eastern Divisional

I am fishing the BASS Federation Nation Eastern Divisional on Lake Simcoe in Ontario.  I am a non-boater, and this is the biggest tournament I have ever fished.  Does anyone have any advice for me, and has anyone else ever fished there before.

I have heard 70 pounds of smallies to win for 3 days. As a non-boater stare at the graph on the dash, look for the smallie, and drop the drop-shot down on its head. Fish should be all off shore on humps and such.

Thanks for the tip Tin.  I just talked to someone that fished up there and said the smallies were still on beds. I am heading up on Wednesday night with one of the boaters. It will be interesting to see where the fish are.

The tournament does not start until July 22nd.  It is a 3 day tournament.  I leave this Wednesday night.  I was not going to leave until Saturday, but the guy I am riding with wants to go earlier.  Two extra days of fishing  8-)

The tournament does not start until July 22nd. It is a 3 day tournament. I leave this Wednesday night. I was not going to leave until Saturday, but the guy I am riding with wants to go earlier. Two extra days of fishing 8-)

My buddy has been up there since Sunday, says it was a lovely 14 hour drive from RI. ::)

It is about a 10 drive from here.  Not really looking forward to that part.

Work together with you traval partner on finding the pattern during prefishing.  Relax and just go out and fish HAVE FUN!!!!

Talk to your draw partner the night before about the details the next day.  Don't wait till the morning to talk about fishing locations and what half of the day each of you are going to take.

If John Stewart has the eastern divisionals do it the same as we did at the western divisionals the boat gas and oil are figured out within your own team.  Not the days draw!  He will go over all the details at the pre tournament meeting.

PM me if you have ?'s

CB

Well I did terrible, I finished 92nd out of 96. I did catch some great fish in practice including my new personal best LMB.

0718091411.jpg

0718091410.jpg

7 lbs 7 oz LMB on a drop shot with 6 lbs test in 22' of water.