Sign in to follow this  
Jepu

what license/licenses on the potomac river?

I am planning on fishing the Northeast BFL event on the potomac out of smallwood state park on 5-1-2010 and need to know what license/licenses are required for it. I have done some online research and turned up different licenses for Virginia, Maryland, and DC. Is there one license that will cover the whole river and tribs. I am a co-angler so I need to have a license that will cover wherever my boater may go.

typically FLW's website covers that on the page for that tourny. I would imagine you only need one of them. But I could be wrong I just know thats how it was when i fished other lakes in the same type of deal.

Dan and Thaint can help you. VA and MD I am fairly sure are reciprocal. If you go past the 95 bridge you need the DC license, but rarely ANYONE does that. I just get the MD license I think its like 18 bucks for out of state.

To fish the tidal Potomac, you will need a Maryland Freshwater license AND a Maryland Bay Sport license.  The Bay Sport is required because the river is tidal south of D.C.  I am not sure the out-of-state costs, but you can find them on the Maryland DNR website.  The license is reciprocal with Virginia too.  To fish D.C. you will need license too which runs about 13.50 for out-of-state.