Sign in to follow this  
ILfisherman

Any good bass clubs around the Chicagoland area?

I'm thinking about joining one. Being a non-boater, I'd need one where it'd be cool team up with someone on their boat, we would split gas and other expenses of course. Also, I'm looking for one with alot of variation in lakes. I'm young too (20) so it can't be packed w/ 70 yr old men drinking Old Style and talking about da' Bears all the time lol.

You might want to check out the American Bass Anglers (ABA). They have a division that fishes some the area waters over there. I personally know a lot of the guys and most of them are pretty cool. There is a pretty broad age range too (anglers from 19 to 60+).

JT Bagwell

sounds good and like you Ilfisherman I am young and dont have my own boat and would great If I could team up with someone that has a boat will check out these clubs

Ilfisherman what area / lakes you fish?

Here s a link to the club I joined this year.....  http://www.basshawg.com/index.htm  Good bunch of guys small club.

I'm actually from the Lemont/Homer Glen area, even though I'm in Chicago most of the time due to school. I like to fish local area lakes and ponds just for fun but, like everything I do, I have to take it to the next level. Usually, I like to fish lakes like Shabbona, Heidecke, quarries etc. I bet anyone from this area thought I would say Tampier but nope, I hate that place!! Thanks alot for the replies and info guys!