Sign in to follow this  
suzukibullfrog

boaters wanted?

Hey everyone

I'm a new member to a club in south Florida. And I'm loving it. The greatest idea I had in a while. But it seems like there's not enough boaters. I mean I'm a non boater myself so I have to miss out on tournaments due to it. Is this a problem in most clubs? And does any boaters want to come fish in a good south Florida club?

We have a small club, and we have a hard time getting enough boaters to show up for non-boaters.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but no we do not.  Last year we cancelled our last tournament due to a lack of boaters.  This year we are trying something different, if we have more non-boaters than boaters we are going to go with 3 people per boat, and go down to a 3 fish limit instead of 5 so the livewells don't get overloaded.  The non-boaters will have to make sure to have floats that they know are theirs so there is no mistaking fish in the well.  I am hoping we don't need to do this.

yea that doesn't sound fun. 3 people a boat is a mess and crowded. I just NEED more boater to cone and enjoy our club. It's not like south Florida lacks in boaters

I may be interested man! Where about are you at? I am in Hardee County, FL. What are the boat regulations? I have a 16ft fiberglass bass boat. My big bro has a Nitro Z-8 but i'm not sure if he will have time. PM me more details please.

What is the NAME of the club.And it is not SARASOTA is it.

Simple solution is not to have a boater and nonboater classification.  Just have boaters enter and they can bring a partner or not if they choose.  If you are a nonboater, surely you know someone with a boat that you could partner up with.  Trying to fish tournaments without a boat is like trying to play baseball without a bat.  It just don't work.

the name of the club is South Florida Bass Kings and is located in Dania Florida.

and no im fairly new to tournaments and i dont know anyone with boats outside of club. plus im a younger person with a not so good paying job. so cant buy boat