Sign in to follow this  
basspro215

joining a bass club

hi i just bought my first bass boat and going to strive to go pro what i need to know is if i should join a local bass club and fish ther turnaments os if i should fish every open tunament i can thanks

i live in schyler county ny ther are alot of bass clubs here but ther not two close like 2 hours away they all have some tunaments that are near me but alot are like 3 hours away is it worth travaling to them to try to make a career out of this im paying for everything my self no help at all

If you really want it bad enough than yes its worth it. I was driving an hour to my club but they recently moved closer and it was worth it. Most clubs only have meetings once a month so my advice is check it out, and you don't have to be a boater right away, go as a non boater for a couple tourney's untill you get the hang of it plus it is cheaper.

ok say i pick the club i want to be in can i tell them i have a boat and still fish as a non boater or would they ecspect me to use my boat

It will be very hard to be sponsored so early but my advise for now is build a relationship with your local tackle shop and they over time will help you but until you establish yourself as a good tournament fisherman that will be able to promte the product your using it will be hard.

i got a 1991 stratous bass boat with matching tralor and im dieing to get it out on the water but we just got 6" of snow today so its gannan be a wile longer

yeah i know mines a lil older it ownly has a 60hp evenrude on it so its not ganna be a speed demion but it will get me on the water