Sign in to follow this  
hookingem

richmond jon boat tourney

I would love to give a tournament a shot but would be limited to a 15 ft. jon boat any tournaments in the richmond area in which this would be possible?

Try to contact the sponsors of some local tournaments and find out if you can use your jon boat in their tournaments.

Call Castaways Bait and Tackle on Route 1 in Chester and ask if they allow jon boats in their tournaments.

There is a jon boat boat club in the Richmond area and I am sure they have tournaments for their members.

I suggest you consider joining a bass club and go as a nonboater to learn the local waters in addition to finding out if they will allow you to use your jon boat.

Remember, a jon boat tournament is what you want as you cannot compete with the larger bass boats in a tournament unless you have secret places to fish that are relatively close to the blast off and weight-in site.

Also suggest searching this site for jon boats and see what comes up. Then you can contact the local guys about their jon boat tournaments.  :)

thanks for all of the information!

Try to contact the sponsors of some local tournaments and find out if you can use your jon boat in their tournaments.

Call Castaways Bait and Tackle on Route 1 in Chester and ask if they allow jon boats in their tournaments.

There is a jon boat boat club in the Richmond area and I am sure they have tournaments for their members.

I suggest you consider joining a bass club and go as a nonboater to learn the local waters in addition to finding out if they will allow you to use your jon boat.

Remember, a jon boat tournament is what you want as you cannot compete with the larger bass boats in a tournament unless you have secret places to fish that are relatively close to the blast off and weight-in site.

Also suggest searching this site for jon boats and see what comes up. Then you can contact the local guys about their jon boat tournaments. :)