Sign in to follow this  
basspro48

Yet another Second place...

Left the house at 3:30 this morning for a state Qualifier tournament on Lake Gaston and man was I pumped the whole way down. I had some good spots that I knew would hold fish, and they did but they weren't exactly the size I was looking for.

I caught my limit very early (4 fish limit) fishing docks and bulkheads with weightless senkos and trickworms and proceeded to cull fish out for the rest of the day. I think I caught 15 or 20 fish but no kicker, so I ended up with 4 fish for about 8lbs. I wasn't expecting to be in contention but to my surprise I was leading after the first 30 or so guys weighed in.

However, I was "beaten" by a guy who had who supposedly had a 10lb sack of fish. I say "beaten" because there was a lot of controversy regarding the actual weight of his fish and I am very displeased with the ruling at this point...

My bag

Fish124-2.jpg?t=1208130370

Me and my dad

Fish129.jpg?t=1208130478

Good job sticking with your game plan.  It sucks to catch all those fish without a pig in there.

Good Job! 2nd is better than 3rd!

CJ

Good Job! 2nd is better than 3rd!

CJ

Yeah, no kidding man.  Don't sweat it, besides you will be gunning for this guy next time.  Congrats on the good finish. ;)

I go to Gaston all the time, we have a place in Peahill creek. Where did you guys launch out of? Americamps? Where did you fish all day?

Matt

I go to Gaston all the time, we have a place in Peahill creek. Where did you guys launch out of? Americamps? Where did you fish all day?

Matt

We launched out of Holly Grove Creek Marina and check your pm's

whats up man my names john i fished in the same tournament...i didnt hear bout the controversy tho..what was that all about? and very nice bag btw

Edit: Wanna clear this up in my original post. When I first saw Brian's bag (winner of the tournament) I was sure there was no way he had the weight the scales read. But after talkin to some people later I didn't see his 4+lb pig he had anchoring his weight. So just wanna clear this up and say there was no controversy and my apologies to Brian.

I just hope ya don't beat as bad at states  ;)

whats up man my names john i fished in the same tournament...i didnt hear bout the controversy tho..what was that all about? and very nice bag btw

thanks man, what boat were you in?