Sign in to follow this  
tipptruck1

Good and cold opening weekend.

Well this past weekend bass opened here in Wisconsin. So my buddy calls me up and wants to break in the new boat. We get to the lake and I stick my hand in the water. Iam guessing its about 50 degress. So we head out and a front is going over. We are in a little 16 ft jon boat. The wind was so strong the 30 acre lake had white caps all over it. We see fish are sitting in about 6-8 feet of water. We counted down rapala rattle baits and my buddy hooked in to a few. So after frezzing my butt of iam like lets go behind this point that has trees on it. For some thing the fish gods are also telling me to go shallow. so we hook into about 8 more fish before we leave. We could tell the males from the females. You would catch mom then dad. I don't think they were on the beds yet just geting ready. And from some reason with the water being that cold rattle baits worked. But it looks like we are headingout in a few weeks. I will get my buddy a fish on a bed. This time I wll make sure he brings the camera.