Sign in to follow this  
.dsaavedra.

Pretty Good Day on St. Mary's Lake. (pics)

drove down to St. Marys lake today, the biggest body of freshwater around here (besides the potomac river).

we had a pretty good day. first we went into this creek, my dad was throwning a 5" *** (shimmer sahd) and hooked up with a small pickerel, about a foot long but it got off right at the boat (thankfully! ;D). a few minutes later he hooked up with a bass:

stmarys6108001.jpg

i was throwing a *, but i wasnt getting hit so i changed over to what my dad was using. a few minuts after that, i hooked this HUGE fish that put up a super fight...for about 2 seconds...then it got off. i was pretty upset. but then 5 minutes later, i hooked the same fish, and landed it. it felt like about a 6 or 7 lb bass, but it was an 18 inch pickerel :-/. but it was my PB pickerel :) and it put up the best fight i have had since my 7lb PB bass.

stmarys6108002.jpg

we stayed in that creek a little longer and my dad ended up with 2 bass there, and i got 3 bass (plus the pickerel).

here is one of the bass my dad caught:

stmarys6108003.jpg

and the biggest bass of the day:

stmarys6108004.jpg.

then the fishing got really slow. almost an hour and a half with no bites. we left that creek and went to a different one and were fishing a cove in there when i got a 12" pickerel.

so all in all it was a good day, i caught 3 bass 2 pickerel, my dad caught 2 bass hooked one pickerel.