Sign in to follow this  
weknowhowtolive

My little trip

So I just got back from my trip to TX. I found out the private lake i was fishing is called Echo Lake and has had some record bass pulled out.

Anyway, first day I got out around 2pm, got a few strikes on frogs but missed em, got some strikes on some purple Yum Zellmanders, and also some pumpkin green worms my gramps had. Didnt land anything, that night had no strikes.

Sunday I caught a lil bass on the green worm, and then that evening I caught 2 or 3 1-1.5lbers, and a 2-5 on a bloody shad crankbait, dont know what brand.

Monday the wind up there got real bad and I didnt have much luck when I could go out, Tuesday and Wed were the same, although I did get some strikes on Zellemanders.

Thursday I went out with my uncle and we had a few weak strikes on a mix of baits and I landed a 1.5ish and that was it.

Friday morning we went out around 5:45 and I started with a Pop-R and had no luck, while my uncle tossed a Zellemander under docks and started getting strikes so I switched to one and also got strikes. We must have missed 5-6 bass on those before I switched to a red with black specks Senko. I fished it texas and weightless with light twitching and the water pretty much exploded. I dont know if I just need more practice setting hooks hard or if they were hitting the tail, but I missed a bunch before landing a little dink. We were going in for breakfast and about 40 feet from our boathouse when i thought i got hung up and then the line shot right and about a minute later I landed a nice 6lber (about, our scale wouldnt work all week)

It was a blast and I wish id got more time to fish, but I learned a lot just from messing around, and I know i need to work on my hook setting.

Ah so....Senko with red flake.

Can be killer on water.

Great report and super trip.

Keep on fishing and posting those stories.

How about some pics, too????

Hah, sadly I got no pictures. I had my cellphone with me but the only picture I actually took was of a 14oz crappie. Next time I go (hopefully this winter) ill remember to bring a camera with a flash.