Sign in to follow this  
Leatherface27

Last nights stinkfest...

didn't turn out so bad.

Got this guy on a Hula Popper at about 8:30 p.m. Came up two times and  missed before finally coming up an foul hooking himself. Was honestly one of the hardest fighting fish I've caught. This was my only fish for the night but it was worth it.

I didn't weigh him, I'm guessing 4+, any ideas?

post-14982-130162985398_thumb.jpg

Nice snake............... ::) ::),Hope you released him so he can eat all the bass in the pond you fish.....

I didn't stick pliers in his eyes if that's what you mean. The pond is about 2500 acres and has been closed for a 100 years until recently. The Bass have managed just fine so far.

These fish are just as important to the ecosystem in MA as Bass are. I'm not going to kill a fish because it does what it's supposed to do.

Also, even if I was one to kill a fish, I wouldn't have done it there. They have a strict catch and release policy.

There are a lot of people who enjoy fishing Pickerel as much or more so than Bass, who am I to take that away from them?

Until the state of MA decides that the population of these fish are exploding and beginning to destroy the ecosystem, I will put them back just I like I would do with any other species I catch.

I read in your other post about you sticking pliers in there eyes and "enjoying the show." I find that to be more then just stupid, I think it's cruel and shows a total lack of sportsmanship and humanity.

Nice snake............... ::) ::),Hope you released him so he can eat all the bass in the pond you fish.....

Do you actually run your pliers in their eyes and let them go ?

YES............. :)

Nice pickeral ;D I love those guys when i have braid on, when i am using fluoro or throwing a swim senko(they always bite the tails off) it is a different story >:(

I dont understand why some people do not like them aisde from them tearing up line. They are a fun surprise and add some Diversity to a fishery

i agree with leatherface some people love catching pickeral more than bass and fish for them exclusive with cranks,spinners,inline spinners etc. Mutilating/torturing any fish like that is cruel and sick

if a fish needs to die such as an invasive species it should be done respectfully

Sorry just want to clarify what you are seeing.

That fish is a Pike

Pickerel & Walleye Same Thing

Umm, that fish isnt a pike.  Its a chain pickeral.  And a pickeral and a walleye arent even almost the same fish.  Two different families.  A walleye is actually a perch (family Percidea).  I spose Canadiens just have some odd local slang.

"Umm, that fish isnt a pike.  Its a chain pickeral.  And a pickeral and a walleye arent even almost the same fish.  Two different families.  A walleye is actually a perch (family Percidea).  I spose Canadiens just have some odd local slang."

hahahaha I like it Urban, good stuff

I wasn't going to say anything but you did it nicely, Chain Pickeral :)