Sign in to follow this  
TN basstracker

My PB for this lake!

Went out today to Glenn Springs Lake in West TN after work from about 3 p.m. til dark. Water temps were around 85 or so.  Caught around 15 or so, mostly in 14-18 ft. of water on main lake points on 9 inch T-rigged worms. Late in the evening I moved up on the shallow grass flats and caught several on a fluke. This big 'ol gal fell for a t-rigged 9 inch plum colored worm in about 18 ft. of water on a steep bank with dead timber nearby. She was 24 inches long and weighed 7 lbs. 4 ozs.  This is the biggest bass I've caught out of this lake, beating the old PB by 3 ozs., which I caught back in April.  Man, what a day.

Junefish08010.jpg

Junefish08001.jpg

What a great fish, congratulations!!!!   :o

That fish looks a lot bigger than 7-4. I have seen digital scales that are off by more than a pound. Do you have something that you can weigh that you are certain of the weight? Maybe a gallon of water.

What a great fish, congratulations!!!! :o

That fish looks a lot bigger than 7-4. I have seen digital scales that are off by more than a pound. Do you have something that you can weigh that you are certain of the weight? Maybe a gallon of water.

I don't know.  Never thought about checking my digital scale.  Pictures can make the fish look bigger than they are.  The 7 lb'er I caught from this same lake back in April was only 22 inches long, but was full of eggs and FAT.  This fish was 24 inches long and didn't have the gut of the other one, but was 3 ozs. heavier.  I'll check the scales and see.   I just weighed her, snapped a couple pics, and turned her loose.

that's a real nice lunker there man.  congrats big time.  sounds like you really whacked 'em too.  way to go.