Sign in to follow this  
basspro48

Back from Florida

I left for my grandpa's farm in West Palm Beach, Florida on thursday april 2nd and arrived on friday the 3rd after driving 16 hours straight. I stayed the whole week and actually just got home at 4 am this morning. I had been looking forward to this trip since I got home from our last trip down there because I have always caught monster fish in the canals and ponds around the farm, and we usually catch some real nice ones down at lake Osborne. However, that was not to be this year. We caught tons and tons of fish, but they were all 12-14" long and skinny as could be. In fact, I caught the biggest fish of the trip on my third cast the first day, a 3lber on a LC real california swimbait. Needless to say I am still pretty disappointed  :(

But aside from the mediocre fishing it was great to get down there again and spend time with the family. The weather was beautiful most of the week, besides a wicked cold front that blew in monday and tuesday. I'll post up a couple of pics from around the farm when i get around to unpacking  ;)