Sign in to follow this  
mlpauley

Going to enter my 1st tourny and want some tips!

So me and my dad have been fishing since i was about 5 and im 16 now. He has done plenty of tournys but i have done none. So on may 2nd we are going to enter one at one of our local lakes. The lake is very clear. I was just wondering if all of you could give me some tips so that i can hopefully do good in my 1st tourny ever!!

Thanks Everyone :)

So me and my dad have been fishing since i was about 5 and im 16 now. He has done plenty of tournys but i have done none. So on may 2nd we are going to enter one at one of our local lakes. The lake is very clear. I was just wondering if all of you could give me some tips so that i can hopefully do good in my 1st tourny ever!!

Thanks Everyone :)

hey man, im in the same boat as you. Im 15 and my dad used to fish tourneys every weekend. I could ask the same question your asking.

Sorry but i got nothing lol

Good luck ;)

Post again on how you guys do in the tournament, weight etc.

yeah ill make sure i post how we do.

Fish something you are confident in, and fish hard til the very end. It took me awhile to be able to do this. I used to panic in the last 2-3 hours of a tournament if I didn't have the fish I wanted, in turn I was waisting these hours by fishing to fast. I took just one tournament with no fish for the first 6 hours and then 15lbs the last 2 hours for a 4th place finish to get me on the right track.

It's not easy, but make yourself fish hard and slow until the very end.