Sign in to follow this  
done

2 Days till the big trip

Every year I take at least 1 of my buds (sometimes more) to a 5 day excursion to the NC mountains for some serious trout fishing. We hit 4 counties and do 14+ hours of fishing a day. Last year 2 of us caught over 60 fish.

May run into davisCW this year, I am totally looking forward to it this year. I love bass fishing guys, but something about wading a mile or 2 back into the middle of nowhere in a swift running stream, and getting trout that nail the crap out of your line, nothing like it.

Sounds awesome... I started flyfishing in NC last year and was amazed by the number of streams the state has to offer.  Good luck hope you catch some nice ones.

Just got back from the trip. Hit Linville River, Wilson Creek, Little River, Cranberry Creek, Big Horse Creek, South Fork New River, and Roan Creek as well as a Bass pond in a mountain subdivision they wanted us to harvest from. Absolutely awesome weather, cold mornings, warm during the day, put a few more miles on the trout gear that is for sure. Every year this is just an awesome experience.

Totals for the trip (between 2 guys): 51 Trout, 14 Large Mouth Bass.

Fish of note: buddy caught 22 inch rainbow in Wilson Creek, 20 inch Rainbow in Little River.

good luck and your right nothing like it. wading into nowhere dead calm no one around and your catching big ol trout. i loved to do that back home in michigan... same thing with the river smallies. good luck again.