Sign in to follow this  
Tim Ford

30+ Bass in Less Than 3 hours

I found a causeway that was being pounded by wind and current.  Pushing the bait fish right up onto the rip-rap.  The bass were having a feeding frenzy.  I was using a silver rapala x-rap, my wife was using a chartreuse and white spinner bait.  I caught 18 and she caught 13 from the bank!  Most of them were 1-2 pounders, but my wife caught one 4 pounder.  We got there at 4:45 and left at 7:30 pm.  We had a blast.  I also had some fun with a buzz bait when the bait fish came to the surface.

wow......

i could use a day like that!!!! ;D

x2 you ain't lying!!!!!!!!!!!  I think anybody could use a day like that.

wow......

i could use a day like that!!!! ;D

x2 you ain't lying!!!!!!!!!!! I think anybody could use a day like that.

X3!!!! I'm still waiting on mine!  :(

The funny thing is, I wasn't even going to go.  My son begged me, but I didn't want to go because I didn't have my boat.  I finally "gave in" at about 4:30 in the afternoon.  Had we have left the first time he asked it wouldn't have been out of the question to catch 50 or more.  Also, if I would have had my boat: #1 I wouldn't have been fishing that location, #2 I wouldn't have been able to align myself for the optimal angle.  

I would have either been sitting right on top of the fish, or casting in the opposite direction of the bite.

You're probably wondering why I left at 7:30 if I was catching all those fish.  Well, my wife's best friend was leaving to go to Las Vegas at 4 am Monday morning, and we had to babysit her daughter.  It was a school night.  Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have slept Sunday night.  :-[