Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Fun on the water

Tom and I did a little fishing last weekend.  Drove east a little ways on Sunday afternoon and hit a place we hadn't fished before.  The lake's reputation is good, but we didn't get much action.

052409rr1.jpg

052409rr3.jpg

052509rr2.jpg

052409rr4.jpg

052409rr5.jpg

We figured out how to catch the dinks, but the big fish just weren't biting.  Then again, when do the big fish ever bite what I'm throwing.   :-[

Got up Monday morning and hit the infamous Cheerleader Ponds.  Our trip got shortened due to an encounter with the campus police.  Seems they don't want us putting our boats in either pond.   >:(  We did get to fish the boat one last time thanks to Tom's Masonic connections, but got a phone call when we left that put the kibosh on future boating in the Cheerleader Ponds.

We did manage to boat a few typical CP fish.  All of mine were caught on a Rage Tail Anaconda.  Tom got one or two on the Rage Shad.

052509ponds1.jpg

052509ponds2.jpg

052509ponds3.jpg

052509ponds4.jpg

052509ponds5.jpg

Twas a decent weekend.  Always nice to be on the water, even if it was with Tommy.   ;D

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PAAAARTYYY"........Great photo's and always interesting Burley, really tells a good story of your adventures ;) Was that a 10" Annie, cause that had to be longer that the fish in the photo

BTW terrific lookin' water

Big O

www.ragetail.com