Sign in to follow this  
Tim Ford

Going to Florida to Fish!!!

I'm leaving on 6/11 and returning on 6/15. I'm looking forward to 3 straight days of fishing the Harris Chain with my dad from dawn to dusk. This is an enormous fish that he caught there last year. He says it weighed 13 lbs 11 oz. Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic of myself holding one just like it in a couple weeks.

DADSFISH.jpg

The Harris chain definitely holds some monsters in it! But, it gets beat 24-7 and the fish are getting pretty finicky IMO! The last time i was there(Feb 09) the lakes where very shallow as well. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!

He told me the water has come up over the past month.  He said it was so low in April that you couldn't hardly get your boat in, and that most of the good places were inaccessible.  

Lucky! I'd like to save up and go down there during the winter months, maybe take my fishin buddy. I'd like to go for Peacock Bass too, they're on my bucket list:D Good luck, hope you land a biggun!

best of luck to you my man.......i feel fortunate as a fisherman many of days that i call florida my home......

im seriously hopin' i see a monster with you behind it sometime soon on here!!!!!!!!!!

and as for your pops.........nice bass ;D ;D

Posted by: basswitch      Posted on: Yesterday at 7:39pm

Lucky! I'd like to save up and go down there during the winter months, maybe take my fishin buddy. I'd like to go for Peacock Bass too, they're on my bucket list:D Good luck, hope you land a biggun!

.....peacocks are awesome!!!! i used to live in pembroke pines (broward/dade area of south florida) and have caught a TON of them....IMO they fight harder than a largemouth, but they dont live as far north as i am in FL now (orlando)....