Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Another Fishing Trip,Much better results

Last time I went out I almost lost my Boat,My gear and potentially my life.

This weekend we went camping to Patagonia lake about an hour and half drive from where I live. I normally frown on this lake because its a state park and it just gets slammed with boats and campers year round. Alot of the campers dont speak English( Its close to the border),and have no manners or consideration for others.

ANYWAY...

I put my 10' Jon on the lake and as Ive NEVER caught fish in this lake I caught a few this time though. Nothing special,just some Bluegill and 1 Bass while taking turns bringing my son out and my wife. I really wasnt concerned with catching anything,I was hoping my son would catch something,hes only been fishing once before and never on a boat. After his first one he caught he said,"Im satifsied" That was the best thing I couldve ever heard. He wanted so badly to catch something,he did and now I think he has the Fishing Bug.

My wife,seems I taught her well. The first fish she hooked into was a decent size Redear(Shellcracker) She was using a Microlight spincasting outfit and she fought that fish with textbook style. Keeping the rod tip up,line tight and pumping the rod,just like she was landing a big ol Bass. Im very proud of her, shes got some good form. ;D

So needless to say,this fishing trip was way better than the last. Sometimes its not about how many fish you catch or how large they are,Seeing others catching fish is just as memorable. I can go fishing pretty much any day of the year for as long as I want.Not everyone is so lucky. Wanna bring a smile to your face,take a kid fishing,teach em the basics,put em on some Bluegill with an earthworm,and youll potentially have em hooked for life(Pun intended)!!