Sign in to follow this  
Gomer Pyle

Just another day in paradise...............

Me and a buddy get up early morning yesterday to fish a new lake here in Pinellas county...across from Tampa. We arrive to find a beautiful bass lake with crystal clear water, hydrilla, lilly pads, all the makings for a great bass environment. We pound the water for two hours, throwing just about everything from the tacke box. We ask a passing boat of fishermen if they have fished this lake before, they say, "Yea, but we don't ever seem to catch many fish". Unfortunately, our efforts produced a monster 1.5lb bass :o

Its getting hot, almost 90 at 10am. We decide to cut our losses and try and find another lake to fish. We find this lake that's maybe a couple hundred acres in size, surrounded by houses and unfinished condos. We put in the old Johnboat, fire up the fish finder and find out that the water drops off to 12 feet just a few feet from shore, and almost 30 ft in the middle. First cast with a chrome rarttletrap, BAM, about a 2 pounder. This was a good oman. ;)

To make a already long story short, we fished the hottest part of the day, throwing nothing but crankbaits, and caught 50 bass. Most of the fish were in the 2-3lb range with a a few between 4-5lbs. We are truly blessed here in Florida, especially in this area with hundreds of lakes located within the city that hold tons of fish. What a great day fishing...thanks for letting me share.... 8-)

Pyle

Did you take some back for Sargent Carter or Corporal Boyle?  You may not get a weekend pass if you didn't.

Man, that 4 to 5 pounder sounds really, really good to me.

Don't you just love dropoffs?

Awesome day! Don't ya just love it when you make a decision and it turns out great 8-)

I just love those decision made out of desperation that turn out to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS

Sounds like it turned out to be a great day. Congratulations.

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

I am glad to here that your day turned up so good.  It sounds like it was a great time.