Sign in to follow this  
Fat-G

Outing today/Brother catching all the fish:)

Went out today to my pond, and at first the weather seemed very promising. With heavy cloud cover and rain in the forcast, it was the kind of day in the summer where you could catch fish all day. That hope was soon terminated. When we got to the pond, the skies cleared up, and I mean really cleared. It turned into a bluebird kind of day, and it was shaping up to suck. We arrived at 1, so it's not like the action was going to pick up anytime soon. After not catching anything for a while, my 13 yo. brother thankfully tied on a Red Eye Shad. He immediately caught one, so I tied one on too:) Anyway, my brother, who usually sits there and watches me pull in fish after fish, killed me. He caught a beautiful 5, and the biggest I caught was about 8 inches. Really? Oh well, I would rather watch him catch ten fish than catch thirty myself. It's pretty cool to watch someone succeed in something you started them off in, especially when they get inspired to do even better.

Glad to hear that your brother did so well.  I am also glad to hear a positve attitude out of you for him.  Sometimes there is nothing better than just what you said, "cool to watch someone succeed in something you started them off in".  I love watching my kids catch the fish.  Seeing them enjoy it is the best feeling in the world.

Thanks, and I can't believe I did it, but I forgot to also mention that at the end of the day, I reared back and fired, but the lure never touched the water. It went directly into his head. Nothing bad, but a lure in the head is never enjoyable :'(