Sign in to follow this  
cyph3r

another successful attempt at a new technique

went out at 3p.m. today dead still water 80-85 degree air. i was learning to fish t-rig/jigging. i threw the tube out and just let it fall to the bottom. for some reason i decided to just leave it there and get out my ultralight and caught a bluegill on it since they are bedding and easy to spot. after that went back to my tube, popped it a little once and bam a nice one hit. jumped 3 times before i could land it, but it was a 21" lmb. i had to let out a little holler which in retrospect might have been a little odd to the two father and son combos fishing on the same shoreline i was. im just really glad to have landed monsters by learning new techniques. last week was the dropshot and this week was the t-rig. still got much to perfect on them but man these big fish are sure a good incentive. ill post pics tomorrow of the one i caught. btw what do you guys hypothesize happened in the minute that tube was just sitting there and could it be that the bass was just staring at it until it popped?

*edit* pictures:) pardon my aloof face since i wasnt sure if that angle was going to work:P

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

Good job cyph3r.  I am glad to hear that you are catching some big ones.  I think the fish did just what you said, I think it was watching it, wondering what it was until it moved and bam!  Good going.  Can't wait to see the pic.

Dude, you are doing the perfect thing. Choosing a certain technique for each fishing trip is a great way to master a technique. Some fisherman bring all of their gear and when something does not work, they switch over and over again. I admire that. The more baits you have, the inclined you are to use them and look over the real bass catchers.

Great catch, I have tubes and am really looking to use them. Go t-rig!!

first off......

congrats on working new tech's for you......

i am notoriously bad at picking up new fishing habits, and know that i should try new things....

in accordance with that statement, i have yet to ever fish a tube...... or senko, for that matter....

and yes, i do believe the bass was just staring at it...... i have found many times that if something catches their attention and suddenly stops moving...... they will wait and eye it down, that is until.... it gives off a sudden jerk or lifelike action, which subsequently entices many strikes.

pics posted:) also i noticed that this might be the exact same fish as the one in my profile picture. i caught it on a rat-l-trap last summer from the same area. the reason why i say this is because the bottom part of its tail is slightly deformed just like the one i caught this year. not to mention its slightly bigger than the one from last year.