Sign in to follow this  
Mottfia

getting a little practice in

Hey Guys,

I got to put in a few hours practice with my brother and partner today on the Alabama Rvier We were getting ready for an afternoon tournament in two weeks and had a pretty good day.

Things started off a little slow. We had blue bird skies, no wind, and no current. stainbed water and 90 degree surface temperature too . It was stifling hot.  :-/

I made the decidion to stay local and flip trees until the current picked up. So we get to work. Having a short slow spell my partner slams a two pound LM out of an old laydown. As soon as that fish is in the boat the current turns on. OH Happy Days  ;D

We piddle for a few on a soapstone wall to give the fish a minute to position on the eddies. While piddling we catch a few small fish. We begin running and gunning with worms on wood and start laying into them. We spend the next 4 hours catching 2 to 2 1/2 lbers coming and going with spinnerbaits and worms. Trees or tree roots had to be involved. Depth was a none issue as most fish came shallow. It was one of those simple enjoyable days.

We ended up with a 12 lb stringer. it took 13.5lb to win a few days before but rumor has it that the veterans lost a few fish so we need to improve to 15lb to stand a good chance. But its coming together  ;)

Mottfia

Nice find. Who would know a rich man's counter top would produce. But 13.5 lbs is beatable. Just keep looking (hard) and you will find where the 2-3 pounders are. Then you will win.