Sign in to follow this  
mjr

Clear Water

Recently i have started fishing at  a small pond the pond is 3 years old give or take a year or two, so there are no real big fish in there yet, my sole purpose for fishing this pond is the water is very clear.

In this clearwater enviroment i can see the bass almost perfectly which has led me to see all of the dumb mistakes i have been making. I think i have learned more in the 3 times i have been fishing at this pond then in any other fishin trip i have been on. I was curious if anyone else has felt this way.

Oh most definately, one of the things that really amazed me was when I was playing with a bait in a pool. I never realized just how far I was really moving that bait along the bottom. Take a carolina rig and as you sweep it, my best guess is that the bait moved at least double the distance your rod did, it's all about the angles. But never the less it looked very unnatural. So leason learned, shorter sweeps for this guy ;)

well today I was sight fishin this bass with a white fluke/chart tail.  when I barely moved the bait, he seemed to like it, when I moved it alot, he swam off.

I was coming to a conclusion, but haven't totally realized it yet.  donno if that makes sense, but this topic sort of helped me see the direction my conclusion is going to come too.  how unreal I may be making some lures look.

I'll tell you how bad I am. My wife and I rented a cottage that had an indoor pool inside of it and I spent several hours watching lures and tuning them. My wife said "man we spend all this money to have a vacation away from the kids and I still can't keep you away from fishing."