Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Post spawn patterns

What are some post spawn patterns that you use?

1. I use suspending crankbaits alot after the   spawn and I really slow it down.

2. Carolina rig with about a 3 ft leader and a   4" french fry type bait.

3. Finesse worm with a Pro Spider Slider head can be deadly on postspawn fish.

Carolina rig with lizard or baby brush hog.C-riggin is it this time of year. As the summer gets hotter i will begin dropshotting deeper water.

Bass tend to school up after the spawn.  First check out the main lake points with gradual slopes or submerged islands.  C-rig, plastic jerk baits & cranks seem to be most productive.

Deep Cranks on drop-offs, jigs on offshore structure, carolina rig points

deep structure near spawning flats, after the spawn the females will move off in to the deep water holdin to any structure cover, and the closest, so any deep water structure/cover near spawning areas work great. i like to taka a jig and thro it near the structure....i use the jig for about anything...and in any situation 8) i have produced good fish while doing this. the males are usually slower into deeper water, and they will hold maybe just a bit shallower, they will also begin to feed before the females, the females wait about a week before beggining to feed, the males about 3-4 days. but im not all sure about this, so take my advice with caution ;):D

Bingo! You need to find areas that the big girls go to recoup before they settle down for the deeper water. They hang out in transition areas or areas that are in between the deep and shallow stuff or places that lead to deep water. This could be grasslines, timberlines, creek channels, channel ledges, ditches, points, or secondary points. They like to hang out on the breakline I would say between 5ft to 15 depending on the water. Sometimes they may suspend off the edge maybe 5ft down but may be sitting over 20 ft of water.