Sign in to follow this  
TLBassin

Speed Finessing?

I have grown to like finesse fishing more with the slower fall and watching the line, but that takes time.  I fish with a friend that likes to cover water and doesn't slow down that much to finesse fish. Well since its not my boat I really have no say.  Ever time I try to fish it, my lure always winds up dragging behind the boat before I can get it back.  Does anyone have any techniques or advice to were I may could speed up the finesse process and still work it properly?  Thanks

Dear TL,

You are about to get my deepest, darkest secret about fishin in the back, when someone in the front's got the trollin motor on 36 volts .

Pull out a spinning rod with about 8lb test line,...slide on a mojo 5/16 weight about 16" above a 2/0 ewg gama, and  weedless rig it to a 4" inch  straight tailed worm . Drop it behind the boat and let it go . Some call it trollin, but tourney winners call it dragging!

As Forest says that's all I got to say about that!

I'll 2nd BillyBob.  Many a boater has gotten their tail kicked by the nonboater who was dragging a mini Crig, a split shot or drop shot rig.

Brad

Try pitching a dropshot rig you can get to the bottom in a hurry and then the bait has a slow fall to the bottom. Hop it twice then pitch it again ;D

Billybob could not have said it any better! We also drag a jig with a Zoom dead ringer as the trailer. I had a guide show me this on Table Rock lake and it works great ! :o