Sign in to follow this  
BASSMAN1301599783

Tubes in Current

Likely those areas will be full of rocks and with a finess tube, you will likely lose contact with it in the current. For this reason I'd use a slip in tube head despite the snags in the area. You might pick up the bait and have a smallmouth that hooked itself on the end.

Thanks,  thats what I had in mind.  But how else do I present it?  Do I bounce it off the bottom, swim it back, let it drift back, etc?  There are lots of options, but which are the best?

Earthworm is right about the slide in head.Pending on the current and depth your probally going to need a 3/8 or 1/2 ounce head so it will get down and not drift as bad.I would probally start by dragging it slow.Smallies like a slow presentation.I have thrown out before and laid my rod down to get a drink or make up more tubes and there be a fish on it when I pick it up.Not sure where you are fishing but I love to dip my skirt or tail in dye,it helps them see it better.Good Luck!    P.S They also like to hit it on the fall alot so be ready.