Sign in to follow this  
kbj3579

Buzz and follow

This past Tuesday evening I had a nice, bass follow my buzzbait to the boat.  Saw him cruising right behind it for a while.  It was close to dark.  What does that tell you?  He was interested just not enough to hit it?  

Alot of the time I get follows on a buzzer or spinnerbait I like to go back in a couple times with a fluke.  I always have a fluke on the front with as I find it the best "follow-up" bait for me.  Give at least 3 or 4 cast in the same area.  Hope this works for you.

CPR ;D

This past Tuesday evening I had a nice, bass follow my buzzbait to the boat.  Saw him cruising right behind it for a while.  It was close to dark.  What does that tell you?  He was interested just not enough to hit it?  

Exactly, it got his attention, but it didn't trigger a strike. I suppose there are a number of things you can do, but the one thing we know for sure is that you need to do something DIFFERENT. Different speed, color, size, bait or whatever, but something has to change.

I know when things get slow I will try a buzz bait a few times and go back to what I was fishing with in the same spot, if I don't have any luck.  I have notice alot that it seems to attact their attention and will some time take a different lure.  Or if I am fishing with someone and one of us is throwing a buzz bait and the other is useing something else the other bait will sometimes start getting hits.

speed up your retrieve, or stop the bait and let it fall.