Sign in to follow this  
Guest the_muddy_man

How to fish hydrilla

Guest the_muddy_man

Ive been having a lot of sucess fishing the tops of hydilla at night What I need to know Do the bass use those same hydrilla areas in the day and do the fish hug the bottom in all that stuff in the day I have found sevral areas of hydrilla in a few ponds and the beds in more than 6ft of water are the most productive at night, but thats working floating worms on top of the weeds at night I need to know if its worth fishing same areas only deeper in the day

During the day hydrilla still hold bass because it produces oxygen and hidding places for bait and bass. In the morning I like to fish it with a frog. Buzzbait work well in the morning also.This pattern at times can produce all day long. In the afternoon I tend to flip it with a tube or jig. I try to target little openings and let my bait fall to the bottom. Make sure you use a rattle so it helps the fish find your bait. Soft and hard jerkbaits work well on the edges and a baby 1- works when you got room between the weeds and the surface. Rattle traps and spinnerbaits work also to give you other options.