Sign in to follow this  
Phishn_Phool

Wanted to post on "C-rig tips"

but there was no "reply" button on it.  That probably was cause Glenn knew that I know nothing about a c-rig. LOL That was some really good advise, and I have been trying it out the last couple day...my problem is I can't find the fish.  I live on a Fl lake that is bowl shaped, murky all the time ,no drop-offs w/a max depth of 12 foot, and almost 90 degrees.  Where are they???  I have fished just outside the weed line(6 to 8 ft),  I have found very little structure in the deeper water.  Any ideas where I might try next???

CPR ;D

12ft deep at the max...? What? And its 90degrees?

OMG those fish are gonna die lol, the oxygen level is low.

Does this lake have matyted grass?  If so, there is shade there, much, much cooler water and ther should also be some open water under the matted vegies.

I would be trying slop baits on the grass as well as flipping some heavy weighted plastics 6through the mat.  A Yammie Fat Baby craw with a 1 oz. weight would do it.  Do not let the heavy weight fool you as being too big.  Thick grass needs a heavy weight.  When that bait comes through the grass mat, you should get some reaction strikes.  A lot of really noce bass are caught that way.

Night fishing with a big worm may also be a good bet.

Brad