Sign in to follow this  
flipping-pitching

learning plastics

About two weeks ago I decided I wanted improve my game with plastics. I decided to take every bait that was not plastic out of my boat. I flip a worm every now and again, but I found myself chunking a spinner-bait or a crank-bait after a while. Well, anyway I've been out about 6or7 times since I did this. I'll tell you, when all you have on your boat is plastics it don't take you long to start paying attention to what your doing. I caught a 6.5 lb. last friday using crig. I think I may turn into a crig type of guy. Thanks. Great stuff on here.

Congrats man. Fishing plastics is boring but it pays off. One thing though, you shouldnt feel restricted just to fish C-rig. Use whatever works that day. what kind of plastics were you using for C-Rig?

So far I've had the best luck useing a floating worm. I'm using the terminator 10 inch pumpkin seed. I have a boat load of plastics but have never took the time to REALLY learn them. I've caught others useing a slpit shot and flippin' a trig. But none of great size. I've caught 3 over 2lb. on crig so far. I'm hooked. Thanks

flippin: I was in the same boat you were a few years ago.  I fished mostly spinners and cranks until one slow day, my dad suggested a soft plastic worm.  Couldn't keep em off the hook after that and I was hooked.  Learning them has probably been the best thing I've ever done for my fishing.  You'll have a lot of fun.  

Yea, I'm having a good time with them. I think I'm getting more bites than I was just cruising down the bank chunking a spinner-bait. I kind of like the change of going to the deep water with the c-rig. I'll be fishing them for awhile before I decide to put eveything back in my boat.